School ended this last Friday for my daughter and my middle son graduated from high school last Thursday. So as far as I am concerned, it is now summer for my family.
Summer is a time for salads and pot luck gatherings. So this week, I decided to share all things salad like this turkey club pasta salad. All of the recipes this week will make a cool and easy family dinner. Or they are perfect to take along to whatever summer party or gathering you may be attending.
The week is starting of with this delicious turkey club pasta salad that incorporates all of the flavors found in a turkey club sandwich. Think turkey, tomato, lettuce, bacon, and cheese. You also just use your favorite ranch dressing for this salad. The addition of fresh chives on top gives this salad a fantastic fresh flavor. This salad is hearty enough to serve as a main dish too.
Turkey Club Pasta Salad
Real Mom Kitchen
- 8 oz shell pasta approximately 3 cups
- 1 small head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese cut in small cubes
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups cooked roasted turkey breast cubed
- ¼ cup fresh chives diced
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, then rise with cold water and drain well. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- In large bowl, add pasta, lettuce, cheddar, tomatoes, bacon, turkey breast, 2 tablespoons chives and toss.
- When ready to serve, top with ranch and toss. Sprinkle with remaining chives.
Recipe adapted from Small Town Woman.