I am a huge coconut fan. I serious love just about anything coconut. Macaroons happens to be one of those fabulous creations that involves coconut.
I have had coconut macaroons before, but have never attempted to make them myself. I have seen the easy recipe that involves sweetened condensed milk, but to me that version is more like a candy than a cookie. So I wanted to find a more of a cookie version to make and this simple version is what I came up with.
It makes these wonderful little chewy coconut macaroons that were so easy to make and were just what I was looking for. I am sharing this recipe in conjunction with #nationalmacaroonday . Plus, as usual, I have teamed up with the group of #celebratingfoodholidays bloggers to give you 14 other delicious macaroon recipes as part of the celebration. I must say, I am dying to give them all a try!
- 2 2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line to baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, flour, and salt. Then add in egg whites and vanilla and mix well.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto the lined baking sheet. Then I kind of pinch the teaspoonful together to be more of a ball shape.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes until golden. Allow to cool. Makes 4 dozen.
- Category: cookies, dessert
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from Totally the Bomb.
Chocolate Caramel Coconut Macaroon Tart from Ashlee Marie
Pistachio Cheesecake with Coconut Macaroon Crust from Ashlee Marie
Macaroon Kiss Cookies from Creations by Kara
Coconut Macaroon Brownies from Creations by Kara
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons from Pretty Providence
Almond Coconut Macaroons from Savory Experiments
Gluten-Free Macaroons from Namely Marly
Coconut Macaroon Brownies from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Lemon Coconut Macaroon Cookies from Simply Stacie
Lemon Curd Coconut Macaroons from Simply Stacie
Pineapple Coconut Macaroon Cookie Bars from Heather Likes Food
Four Ingredient Coconut Macaroons from Premeditated Leftovers