The men in my house are football men. They love to watch their football and weekends are usually planned around the football games that they like to watch.
I’m not necessarily a football fan, but I am a food fan! So I love to make tasty food for everyone to munch on while watching their favorite game.
This Superbowl Sausage Dip recipe is a great one to have on had for the big game. It is hearty and full of flavorful sausage. I like to use 1 lb Jimmy Dean Italian sausage along with ½ lb of Jimmy Dean hot sausage for a little spice.
Once you cook up the sausages along with some onion, you just throw it in a crock pot along with the remaining ingredients and give it a couple of hours for it to warm up and let the flavors all meld together. Then you can just keep it nice and warm in your crock pot and serve it with corn or tortilla chips. I like the ones that you can really scoop up the dip with.
Superbowl Sausage Dip
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean Italian sausage
- ½ lb. Jimmy Dean Hot sausage
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 bunch green onion diced
- ½ -1 4 oz can diced jalapeños
- 2 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- In a skillet, brown sausage along with diced onion until fully cooked.
- Add cooked sausage to a crock pot with remaining ingredients and stir together. Cook on low for 2 hours stirring once or twice while cooking.
- Serve with tortilla or corn chips.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Jimmy Dean. My opinions are my own.