Today’s Jalapeño Popper Dip recipe is an appetizer I was able to serve up for a Super Bowl party. However, thought it would be perfect as March Madness is upon us. It’s just like a jalapeño popper but in dip form. You have the jalapeños along with cream cheese and bacon. But then add in more cheese and some panko bread crumbs for crunch. I personally love it more than actual poppers. I also love it has less of the jalapeno and more of the cheese.
I was able to create this recipe from several that I have seen. So, I took bits and pieces to create what I have below. I wanted my dip to be a little more on the mellow side. So I only use half a can of jalapenos. If you want it hot go for a whole can. Or if you need it mild just go for green chilies only. For me, this was the perfect amount of heat. Just enough warmth without leaving you on fire.
Now you can serve this with baguette slices, crackers, tortilla chips or even veggies. My favorite would be with the baguette slices. However, my husband and oldest son prefer Ritz crackers. No matter how you decide to serve it, it’s delish!
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs. of light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (4 oz) can of diced green chilies
- 1/2 of a (4 oz) can of diced jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded formaggio trio cheese (or Parmesan)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Fold the green chilies, jalapeño, Monterry jack cheese, and bacon into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spray a 8 to 9 inch sized baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and spread the cream cheese mixture into the dish.
- in another bowl, combine the formaggio trio cheese and panko bread crumbs. Sprinkle on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Give the bread crumbs a light spray of the non-stick cooking spray and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly and the bread crumbs are lightly toasted.
- Serve hot with baguette slices, crackers, tortilla chips, for fresh veggies.