BLT’s are a well loved classic sandwich, but BLTTA sliders are even better.
You get the extra “TA” added to a BLT by adding turkey and avocado! I know, I told ya, even better, right?
Whether you serve these up for game day or just for a Sunday snack, you’re guaranteed to get a touch down with your team!
I’m not a fan of avocado in sliced form, but love it when it’s in a spread or dip form. I made a simple avocado spread to put on these babies. So tasty!
Then in addition to good ingredients to go in your sandwich, you need to have a great bread to serve it on. It really is the crowning glory to any sandwich. I used these golden brown Take & Bake Telera Slider Rolls from La Brea Bakery.
La Brea Bakery happens to be the #1 selling artisan bread in the country.
You put them in the oven for a few minutes, this makes them taste like you just made them yourself! These rolls are nice and soft but with a little chew to them. These little pillowy soft rolls have a light soudough flavor with just a touch of sweetness. They really are the perfect showcase for those delicious BLTTA ingredients.
The recipe I have for ya is for 8 sliders but could be easily doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled to feed game day group. These BLTTAs may be sliders but they are quite filling for their size! However, if you want to make regular BLTTAs you can always grab a 4 pack of the regular sized La Brea Telera Rolls. They are exactly the same as the sliders only bigger.
The Telera rolls and sliders from La Brea bakery can be found nationwide at retailers including Costco, Safeway, Kroger and more.
You also still have until Friday January 22 to enter for a chance to win to ticket to the big game in the La Brea Bakery #SnackOn Super Bowl Sweepstakes. In addition to the tickets, the winner also gets travel and accommodations from La Brea Bakery!
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ripe avocado cut in half, pit removed, and flesh scooped out
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp salt adjust to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg. La Brea Telera Slider Rolls 8 count
- 2-3 green lettuce leaves torn into 8 pieces
- 1 tomato cut into 8 thin slices
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 16 oz of sliced deli roasted turkey breast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add the avocado, lemon, mustard (if using) and salt to a and process until smooth. You may need to stop a few times to scrape the bowl.
- With the blender or , drizzle in your olive oil. Continue blending until creamy and light in texture. Set aside.
- Bake rolls according to package directions and cool.
- Slice rolls in half. Top the bottoms with a piece of lettuce followed by a tomato slice, some turkey, and a half of a slice of bacon. Spread some of the avocado spread on the top of the roll and place on top. Makes 8 slides.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe