One thing I love about Summer is all the fun get togethers with friends, family, etc. I like to take things to a potluck that I normally can’t have because my family won’t eat it. We recently had a pot luck with the women in my church. I decided to take this yummy Summer Tortellini Salad that I saw over at The Sisters Cafe. It was also a great way to use some of that zucchini from my garden. This salad is a breeze to throw together and is full of yummy vegetables. Delicious!Print
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini (Amy said you can use dry and recommended Barilla four cheese or Costco tortellini. I used Buitoni )
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped (I use the equivalent of baby carrots instead and sliced thin)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley (or 4 tsp. dried parsley if you don’t have fresh, I used fresh)
- 1/2 cup you’re favorite ranch dressing (I used a little more and made the Hidden Valley Ranch from the packet)
- Parmesan Cheese – to taste
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold running water. Place tortellini in a large colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini. chop carrot(s). Cut tomatoes in half and slice green onions. Snip parsley, if using fresh.
- Add vegetables to tortellini. Pour salad dressing over salad. Grate parmesan cheese over salad. cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings