Sloppy Joes can be one of those great go-to meals. I love to make my mom’s sloppy joes but like my husband always says I “can’t leave well enough alone”. I have to try different variations. Variety is the spice of life, right?
If you want to check the others sloppy joe recipes here they are:
This is one that I adapted from my June/July issue of Simple and Delicious. It uses ingredients that I always have on hand.
- GROUND BEEF
- CANNED PETITE DICED TOMATOES WITH CHIPOTLE CHILIES
- TOMATO PASTE
- BROWN SUGAR
- SPICY BROWN MUSTARD
- SANDWICH BUNS
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with chipotle chilies , undrained
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 sandwich buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.