Have a summer barbecue or neighborhood pot luck coming up that you need to take something to? Well, look no further. Make and take this delicious summer vegetable pasta salad.
This salad is full of veggies. You have tomatoes, broccoli, summer squash, zucchini, roasted red peppers, and olives in there. It makes such a colorful salad.
Then you have 1 lb of pasta in it. You can pick whatever small shaped pasta you like. You can use mini bow ties, penne, rotini, fusilli, radiatori, etc. When I made this I used gemelli. It’s fun to change up a salad just by using different shapes of pasta.
Last is the dressing for this summer vegetable pasta salad. The base of this is from a store bought bottle of Italian dressing. However, we do add a few more ingredients to the dressing to make it even better. You add in some grated parmesan, freshly minced parsley, garlic powder, paprika, kosher sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- SMALL PASTA (I USED GEMELLI)
- GRAPE TOMATOES
- YELLOW SQUASH
- RED ONION
- ROASTED RED PEPPERS
- BLACK OLIVES
- ITALIAN DRESSING
- GRATED PARMESAN
- GARLIC POWDER
- KOSHER SEA SALT
- FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 1 lb small pasta, cooked according to pkg directions (I used gemelli)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 (3 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 3 Tbsp freshly minced parsley
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Add the cooked pasta and veggies to a large bowl.
- in a small bowl, whisk the dressing, parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper together.
- Toss the pasta and veggies with the dressing dressing. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Life Made Simple.