These Special K treats are a quick and easy treat that I like to make my kids. It makes a great after school snack. I got this recipe from a friend years ago. It kind of has the flavor of a rice crispy treat with a caramel twist. Yummy!
I am also entering this recipe for The Ultimate Super Bowl Party Recipe Smack Down contest on Recipe Girl. That’s your super bowl dessert. I am also entering the recipes that I have on here for Crock Pot Southwestern Chicken Nachos and Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas. Now are you ready for some football? Personally I can do without the football, but I love the food!
- MARGARINE (I USE BUTTER)
- BROWN SUGAR
- MINIATURE MARSHMALLOWS
- SPECIAL K CEREAL (CAN ALSO USE CORNFLAKES)
Special K Treats
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 squares 1 cup of margarine (I use butter)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Special K cereal can also use cornflakes
- Stir all ingredients in a large sauce pan until they boil. Turn heat down and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and gently mix in cereal. Spoon onto wax paper and cool.