Crispy or soft tortilla? Why not have both? I got the idea for these jacketed tacos from a restaurant we went to a while ago. Tacos are on my menu quite frequently. Since we eat them often it’s always fun to mix it up a little and do something different. I also included some other ideas at the bottom of this post to help you mix it up your taco night. So the next time you make tacos for dinner, try something new and give your tacos a twist!
- FAJITAS SIZED FLOUR TORTILLAS
- CANNED REFRIED BEANS
- CRISPY TACO SHELLS
- COOKED TACO MEAT
- YOUR FAVORITE TACO TOPPINGS
Real Mom Kitchen
- 8-10 Fajitas sized flour tortillas warmed
- 1 15 oz can refried beans,warmed
- 8-10 crispy taco shells
- 1 lb. cooked taco meat
- your favorite taco toppings
- Spread some refried beans each flour tortilla.
- Wrap the crispy shells with the flour shells, using the bean side to attach the flour shell to the crispy shell.
- Fill with taco meat and your favorite taco toppings and enjoy.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.
Other ideas to mix things up with you tacos:
Brown 1-1/2 lb ground beef and add a can of chili to your meat to season it.Season you meat with taco seasoning mix and then add some thawed frozen corn or canned corn to the meat. They have some fun crisp Taco Bell taco shells at the store that are nacho cheese and ranch flavored. It’s like having a taco inside a Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese Doritos.
I also have a recipe for chicken taco meat, shredded beef taco meat, and sweet pork.