Today’s recipe is another one from my after school snack recipe collection that I created for tablespoon.com. This one is my favorite of the five and it was my family’s favorite too. The pan was devoured in no time and arguments did arise as the last few squares waited in the pan for consumption.
I thought it would be fun to make a twist on the good old rice krispie treat. I decided to create a s’mores version. So I decided to use golden grahams in place of the krispies and mix in some whole marshmallows and chopped up milk chocolate bars.
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 oz) box golden grahams or 8 cups
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 (1.55 oz) bars milk chocolate, chopped and frozen or 2/3 cup frozen milk chocolate chips
- Grease a 13×9-inch pan.
- In stock pot, melt butter and add in the 10.5 oz bag of marshmallows. Stir until all melted and combined.
- Add in cereal and quickly stir until completely coated. Stir in 1 cup marshmallows and frozen chocolate.
- Press mixture into the prepared pan. Let stand uncovered at least 1 hour, or refrigerate if you prefer a firmer bar.