I recently had some friends over and she was planning on bringing some rice krispie treats. When she came she told be she had to make them with frosted flakes because she was all out of rice krispies. Let me just say they were a hit and my son asked for them a few days after. Hence, this is a recipe for cereal squares.
Necessity is the mother of invention, right? You really could use any cereal you want to. Try out different versions and tell me what you think. I also just notice on my good friend Jamie’s site (Jamie Cooks it Up) that she had a Trix version.
- BUTTER OR MARGARINE (I USE BUTTER)
- MINIATURE MARSHMALLOWS
- CEREAL (I USED FROSTED FLAKES)
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine I use butter
- 1 pkg. 10-1/2 oz. or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups of cereal I used frosted flakes
- Melt butter in large saucepan on low heat. Add marshmallows; cook until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the cereal and press into the bottom of 8 x 8 inch pan (you can do a 9 x 13 pan but I like the squares to be thick) that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy!