This post may contain affiliate links.
Anytime I see a store with Post Great Grains Banana Nut Crunch cereal on sale, I pick up a few boxes just to make this recipe for no bake banana crunch bars. I got it from a Taste of Home magazine years ago.
This is a great recipe for summer because it only involves a microwave for cooking. It is Shockingly Simple to make. My family, who’s mostly opposed to nuts, absolutely love these. I don’t even think they know that there are peanuts and walnuts in them.
I have also taken these Banana Crunch Bars to potlucks and people are surprised with the cereal that is used. Then they ask for the recipe. I also watch for those giant Hershey’s bars to go one sale for 99 cent. I pick up a few of those to melt for this recipe instead of the chocolate chips. These treats don’t last long at our house. Hopefully you will like these as much as we do.
No Bake Banana Crunch Bars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 5 cups Post Great Grains Banana Nut Crunch cereal
- 1 (11.5 oz) pkg milk chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peanut butter. Add cereal; stir to coat.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. pan. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 20 second increments stirring each time until smooth. Spread over bars. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen.
These are the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in Sept. 2016.
Totally gonna try this! In Greece though we don’t really use corn syrup so is it okay if I use glucose syrup instead?
These look so tasty! I was wondering- in your description you mentioned walnuts but I don’t see them on the ingredient list?
Ok…that looks seriously yummy! I’ll have to watch for that cereal to go on sale!