This post may contain affiliate links.
I am finally getting around to blogging about this wonderful cake. After making those outrageous apple dumplings, I came across this recipe for Mountain Dew Cake at another blog called Patti’s Pantry. I figured it was worth a try since I sill had Mountain Dew left in my fridge from making the apple dumplings.
The recipe is similar to a couple of really good bundt cake recipes that I have in my tried and true file. The recipes all call for cake mix and pudding mix. The main difference between them is that the two recipes I have use sour cream, where this recipes uses Mountain Dew. I also like the whole idea of a citrus flavored cake at this time of year. Well, my whole family absolutely loved the cake. It is so moist and delicious with a yummy lemon flavor. It was good just the way it is, but I think it would be even better with a powdered sugar citrus glaze on top. Next time, I’m going to try it with the glaze on it. Thanks Patti!Print
Mountain Dew Cake
- 1 Box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3.4oz) box lemon flavored instant pudding mix
- 1 (12oz) can Mountain Dew soda
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- glaze, optional (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease and flour bundt pan.I
- n a large bow, combine cake mix and pudding mix. Add soda, oil, and eggs. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with glaze if desired.
- 2–3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a bowl, combine the above ingredients and blend until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in May 2014.
I’ve been making this cake for years and it’s my most requested cake. I serve it with fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries) to fill the center of the cake and scattered around the serving plate. The berries really add an extra something to an already amazing cake recipe.
Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a tasty addition.
I made this as a sheet cake and added pineapple! It was delicious. Pineapple and Mt Dew are the best flavors on the planet!
This sounds fabulous! How many bundlets would a recipe make (6 to a pan)?
[…] – jamie cooks it up Pumpkin Cake w/Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting – Creations by Kara Mountain Dew Cake – Real Mom Kitchen Triple Berry Lemon Bundt Cake – like mother like daughter Raspberry […]
It is amazing i changed 1 item. I used cheesecake pudding.
[…] Mountain Dew Cake […]
I’ve been wanting to make one of these cakes for a long time! I just pinned your recipe and will definitely try it later!
Super yummy! Made this for my hubby & kids my hubby love Starbucks lemon pound cake but this is 10x’s better & so much more moist because of the jello. thanks for another yummy recipie!
Glad you liked the cake!! Its a favorite of ours!
Do you have to cook this in a bunt pan?