I am finally getting around to blogging about this wonderful cake. After making those outrageous apple dumplings, I came across this recipe for Mountain Dew Cake at another blog called Patti’s Pantry. I figured it was worth a try since I sill had Mountain Dew left in my fridge from making the apple dumplings.
The recipe is similar to a couple of really good bundt cake recipes that I have in my tried and true file. The recipes all call for cake mix and pudding mix. The main difference between them is that the two recipes I have use sour cream, where this recipes uses Mountain Dew. I also like the whole idea of a citrus flavored cake at this time of year. Well, my whole family absolutely loved the cake. It is so moist and delicious with a yummy lemon flavor. It was good just the way it is, but I think it would be even better with a powdered sugar citrus glaze on top. Next time, I’m going to try it with the glaze on it. Thanks Patti!
Mountain Dew Cake
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 Box lemon cake mix
- 1 3.4oz box lemon flavored instant pudding mix
- 1 12oz can Mountain Dew soda
- ¾ c. vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- glaze optional (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease and flour bundt pan.I
- n a large bow, combine cake mix and pudding mix. Add soda, oil, and eggs. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with glaze if desired.
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a bowl, combine the above ingredients and blend until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in May 2014.