It is “Souper” Bowl week here at RMK. I decided to stray from the usual snack type football foods and suggest you have a “Souper” Bowl party this year. You could still have some snack style appetizers but then have a nice bowl of soup for your main dish. I have a good mixture lined up for you this week. There are two soups made on the stove top and two that are made in the slow cooker. You could make all of them if you wanted to. 🙂 You could even ask those coming to make one of the recipes.
First up is my new favorite way of making chicken noodle soup – in the slow cooker. This has a slightly heartier flavor than a normal chicken noodle soup. I think it is due to the addition of green onion, garlic powder, and cream of chicken soup. I also found some AWESOME homestyle noodles to make this soup with. I picked them up from my local Walmart, so hopefully most of you will have access to them. If not, you can order them online. They are definitely worth it. They are like homemade noodles with out the work of making them yourself! The noodles are from Essenhaus. I used their extra-wide version. LOVE THEM!Print
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups egg noodles (I recommend Essenhaus Extra Wide Homestyle Noodles)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I used rotisserie chicken)
- In a crock pot, combine the broth, canned soup, onion, celery, carrots, green onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add the uncooked noodles and cooked chicken to the crock pot and stir to combine. Turn crock pot to high and cook for 1 more hour or until noodles are tender.
- Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Six Sister’s Stuff.