During the Summer, I love to make sandwiches and salads for my dinner menu. No need to heat up the kitchen and on a hot day it is nice to eat something cool and fresh. So today I am sharing with you my version of simple chicken salad croissant sandwiches. I put mine on a nice, flaky, buttery croissant. For dinner, I buy the nice big croissants but this also works well on small croissants for showers, get togethers, etc. This makes enough for us for dinner and then we have leftovers for lunch.
I am also a mayo girl. My dad converted my mom to mayo after they got married and I converted my hubby to mayo after we got married. However, I do use a little miracle whip in this recipe. If you are a miracle whip lover, buy all means use all miracle whip. However, I have discovered I love this chicken salad with a tad bit of miracle whip. It adds to the flavor without being to zippy. I decided it is a must have as part of this recipe.
- GREEN ONION
- HARD BOILED EGGS
- MIRACLE WHIP
- LEMON JUICE
- LETTUCE LEAVES (I USE BUTTER LETTUCE AKA BOSTON LETTUCE)
- LARGE CROISSANTS
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cashews
- lettuce leaves (I use butter lettuce AKA boston lettuce)
- 10–12 large croissants (the number depend on how full you fill the croissants)
- Mix chicken, celery, onion, eggs, mayo, Miracle Whip, lemon juice, and salt together.
- Slice open croissants and on one half of croissant place a piece of lettuce followed by the chicken mixture.
- Then sprinkle with cashews and top with over half of croissant. Repeat until all croissants are filled.