During the Summertime, I love to make sandwiches and salads for my dinner menu. No need to heat up the kitchen and on a hot day it is nice to eat something cool and fresh. So today, I am sharing with you my version of simple chicken salad croissant sandwiches. However, this is great to enjoy any time of the year.
I put this salad on a nice, flaky, buttery croissant. For dinner, I buy the nice big croissants but this also works well on small croissants for showers, get togethers, etc. These simple chicken salad croissants make enough for us for dinner and then we have leftovers for lunch.
I am also a mayo girl. My dad converted my mom to mayo after they got married and I converted my hubby to mayo after we got married. However, I do use a little miracle whip in this recipe. If you are a miracle whip lover, buy all means use all miracle whip. However, I have discovered I love this chicken salad with a tad bit of miracle whip. It adds to the flavor without being to zippy. I decided it is a must have as part of this recipe.
The other thing I love about this salad is it includes hard boiled eggs. It really is like a cross between a chicken salad and an egg salad. It is a family favorite! We really love it with the cashews in there to. However, feel free to leave them out.
- GREEN ONION
- HARD BOILED EGGS
- MIRACLE WHIP
- LEMON JUICE
- LETTUCE LEAVES (I USE BUTTER LETTUCE AKA BOSTON LETTUCE)
- LARGE CROISSANTS
Simple Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 green onion diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Miracle Whip
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup cashews
- lettuce leaves I use butter lettuce AKA boston lettuce
- 10-12 large croissants the number depend on how full you fill the croissants
- Mix chicken, celery, onion, eggs, mayo, Miracle Whip, lemon juice, and salt together.
- Slice open croissants and on one half of croissant place a piece of lettuce followed by the chicken mixture.
- Then sprinkle with cashews and top with over half of croissant. Repeat until all croissants are filled.