I don’t think you can ever loose with a sandwich made on a croissant. Any thing combined that flaky buttery pastry just gets better. Today, I have a recipe for Turkey Bacon Ranch Croissants.
You can tell by the name of the recipe that there is a winning combination of turkey, bacon, and ranch dressing place on that croissant. There is also some cheddar cheese in there too. I like to use the Sagento thin sliced cheddar for these.
As fas as ranch dressing goes, I am pretty picky. I don’t car for that shelf stable dressing from the store. If you want pre-made dressing, I reccomend the refrigerated kind you can find in the produce section. However, my favorite is to make ranch dressing using Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix. Thing is, I don’t make it accoding to the package instructions.
I use buttermilk in place of the milk. Also, I don’t use the full amount suggested on the pacakge because I like my dressing on the thicker side. I use 2/3 a cup of buttermilk rather than the 1 cup of milk listed on the pacakge.
Also, I always cook my bacon in the oven. It is much easier and less messy. Place it on a baking sheet lined with parchmant paper. Cook it at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Rotate the pan, then cook another 7 minutes or so until the bacon is cooked to your liking. I like mine crispy.
Turkey Bacon Ranch Croissants
Real Mom Kitchen
- 8 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 24 slices thin slices deli turkey
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 8 Tbsp ranch dressing
- 4 large croissants sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spread 1 Tbsp ranch dressing on each half of 4 croissants
- Add a slice of cheese to each side of croissant.
- Add 6 slices of the sliced tukey followed by 2 slices on bacon to the bottom half of each croissant. Place the tops onto each croissant.
- Wrap each croissant in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until melty. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from Life with the Crust Off.