This meal is seriously ready in 30 minutes. It’s another great Mexican style dinner, so it was a big hit with the family. The actual casserole includes grond beef, onion, taco seasoning, rice, diced tomatoes, corn, and green chilies.
Part of what makes most Mexican dishes delicious is the added topppings. The contrast with what ever you have as a warm base and the cool toppings is part of what makes it delicious. There are two mush have toppings for this dish.
First, crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos. This is a perfect way to use up those chip crumbs that you find at the bottom of the bag. No one ever wants to eat those, that is unless those crumbs are on top of this dish.
Second, you’ve gotta have sour cream. The cool creaminess is a nice complimaent to the crunchy chips and flavorful beefy rice casserole. Chopped cilantro or diced green onion are good to include on top of this Instant Pot Beef Nacho Casserole, but not necessary.Print
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ½ cup long grain white rice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (14. 5 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups crunched up Nacho Cheese Dorito chips
- Toppings: sour cream, diced green onions, and/or fresh chopped cilantro
- Turn Instant pot to sauté setting. Add in the ground beef, onion, and taco seasoning. Cook while breaking up for about 5 minutes until beef is fully cooked. Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice. Addin tomatoes, corn and green chilies on top of rice. Do not stir.
- Secure the lid on Instant Pot. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manually cook for 5 minutes. When time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then maually rremove any remaining pressure. Stir together.
- To serve: sprinkle each serving with some of the shredded cheese and crushed Dorito chips on top. The top with any of the additional toppings. Serves 4-6.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Recipe adapted from 365 Days of Slow + Pressure Cooking.