Now that school has begun for most kids, I wanted to share a recipe that is perfect for those crazy school nights. You know the ones I’m talking about. Those nights where you have homework along with piano lessons, dance, soccer, etc. Those night that make you want to pull through a drive thru for dinner.
Well, these Ham and Cheese Croissant Melts are a quick sandwich that will work perfect for one of those nights allowing you to avoid the drive thru. You can even make these ahead of time and place in the fridge. Then when you get home, you can finish up other things while dinner cooks in the oven. Or you can be adding them into the oven as each kids rolls into the house after each activity with a starving stomach.
The mustard sauce is really what makes these sandwiches super delicious. It is sweet and tangy and pairs perfectly with the ham.
Ham and Cheese Croissant Melts
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 croissants
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 lb deli ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the mustard honey, and brown sugar until well blended.
- Slice croissants in half and spread some of the mustard mixture on each side of the croissants.
- Place a slice of swiss on the bottom half of each croissant and then top with ham. The place one more pice of cheese on top of the ham.
- Place top half on each sandwich. Wrap in foil. Place in the refrigerator for later or bake right then.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Life with the Crust Cut Off.