This post may contain affiliate links.
Sloppy Joes are taken to a new level today with the addition of cornbread in this recipe for Sloppy Joe Cornbread Skillet. You have your regular sloppy joe meat that then gets topped with cornbread batter and baked!
This is just as easy as making regular sloppy joes but is a welcomed change. It was a hit with my family and I am sure it will be a hit with yours too!
Sloppy Joe Cornbread Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can tomato soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 (7 oz) pkg Cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large oven safe skillet, brown beef until fully cooked. Drain off an excess grease.
- Mix in the tomato soup, salsa, and brown sugar and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes. Spread meat out in the skillet in an even layer.
- In a bowl, mix the cornbread mix, milk, and egg together. Add in cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour cornbread mixture over the meat. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until cornbread is golden. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from I Wash You Dry.
[…] Sloppy Joe Cornbread Skillet […]