These make ahead breakfast croissants are a great option to make for Christmas morning. The main reason they work so well is they are made ahead of time and then you just warm in the oven before serving.
You just need to get some croissants from the bakery of your favorite grocery store. Then, for the eggs you whisk 14 eggs together with a little milk, season salt, salt, and pepper. This is not scrambled on the stove top. Instead, you bake them in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Once they are baked, you allow them to cool for a few minutes, then cut the eggs into rectangles to fit your croissants.
Now, it’s time to assemble. You may want to cut your slices of cheese in half. This way you can put a slice of cheese on the croissant. Then it is followed by the egg, some ham, and another slice of cheese. All you need to do now is place the sandwiches in a baking dish, and cover with foil. Place them in the fridge until you want to serve them.
To serve, you just place the covered dish in a 400 degree oven. It will take them about 15 minutes to warm the sandwiches. Serve these make ahead breakfast croissants up with some hash browns and fresh fruit.Print
- 14 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 small croissant rolls
- 1 (6 oz) pkg sharp cheddar cheese slices
- 1 (9 oz) pkg deli ham
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Into a large bowl, add eggs, milk, and seasoned salt along with some salt and pepper. Whisk together until frothy.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and pour the eggs mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the eggs puff up fully cooked. You can test by seeing if a knife inserted in the center comes out with no wet egg on it.
- Allow them to cool for about 5 minutes, then cut them into 12 rectangles the same size as your croissants.
- Add a slice of egg to each croissant along with some ham and cheese.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and place the sandwiches inside.
- Cover tightly with tin foil. Pop it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- To serve, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes or until the sandwiches have heated through and the cheese is melted. Makes 12 sandwiches.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Recipe is adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.