Usually on Christmas morning, I always make my overnight orange pull aparts. I have even made a cinnamon version, a chocolate version, and a coconut pecan version. Then in 2011, I found a similar version to make. This Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring doesn’t take overnight. However, it would be so easy to throw together Christmas morning because it uses canned biscuit dough.
This is so easy, it takes about 5 minutes to put together and 20 minutes to bake. My whole family devoured this entire sticky bun breakfast ring in no time. It was sticky, it was ooey, and it was oh so gooey. It was the perfect breakfast treat. It is so easy even the kids could make it.
Originally when I first made this, I made it with one tube of biscuit dough. Now, I make it with 2 tubes. It makes it bigger and fills the bundt pan more. However, it you want it more on the super ooey gooey side, then just use 1 tube of biscuit dough. This is good, but my family was sad when I made the swap to this back in 2011. So we make the orange version on Christmas morning. Then I make this sticky bun breakfast ring sometime during the Christmas break.Print
- 1–2 tubes Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits (depending on how big you want it)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, optional (I just use another 1/4 cup of pecans)
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter and syrup; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired).
- Place half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the bundt pan and sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Lay the biscuits ,evenly spaced and overlapping, in the bottom of the pan to form a ring.
- Pour the remaining syrup over the biscuits and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter.
Recipe adapted from All Things Delicious.