Here’s another great dessert. If you want to make a sweet for your sweetie for Valentine’s but are short on time, this could be your answer. This shockingly simple symphony pie is quick and easy, but it’s also tasty and impressive. Who knew that chocolate, water, and cool whip in a pie crust could taste this good. I got this recipe from Sara at My Sisters’ Cucina.
When I made this my whole family loved it and were asking for seconds. I must tell you that while I was making this, I thought I had a graham cracker crust in my pantry. However, when I went to get it I found out they were shortbread crusts. So I went ahead and used that. It was delicious. My one son said it was is favorite part of the pie. This recipe is definitely a keeper and no one has to know how easy it was to make.
- King Size Symphony bar (milk chocolate or toffee chip)
- Cool Whip
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust (I used shortbread)
- 1 King Size Symphony bar (milk chocolate or toffee chip, Sara recommends the milk chocolate so that’s what I used)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust (or any other prepared crust, I used shortbread)
- Break up Symphony bar and add water in large microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 45 seconds. Remove and mix with spoon so that all of the chocolate is melted.
- Add Cool Whip and mix very well. (I put one scoop in the chocolate first and mixed that in to cool the chocolate before I add the rest of the cool whip) Do this for several minutes making, sure that all of the chocolate is incorporated.
- Pour chocolate mixture into Graham Cracker Pie Crust and spread evenly. Cover and freeze for 3 hours before served. It will stay good in the freezer for weeks.