Happy National S’mores Day! I have an easy pie recipe for you all to use to celebrate. However, if you’re not in the mood for simple s’mores pie I have plenty of other s’mores recipes you can look through. This recipe captures the essence of the classic campfire treat. It give you that irrestible trio of toasted mashmallows, rich chcolate, and a crunchy graham cracker crust.
All you need to start this simple s’mores pie is a prepared graham cracker crust. You can make your own or buy one already made. Then you make a simple cream filling that uses nutella to get that chocolate flavor. The filling is a combination of cream cheese, whipped cream, and nutella.
The finishing touch to this pie is some mini marshmallows. to get those toasty mashmallows you then place the pie under the broiler for just a minute or 2 to get those marshmallows a beautiful golden brown. It’s just long enough to toast them with out melting the pie layer. That quick trip in the oven gets those marshamallows ooey and gooey creating the perfect contrast to that velety chocolate filling. I must say, I love this pie and I know you will too! This crowd pleasing pie is impossible to resist.
Simple S'mores Pie
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 8 oz pkg light cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 13 oz jar or 1 2/3 cups Nutella
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust 9 inches
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese to soften. Then beat in the cream until thickened. Add Nutella; beat just until combined.
- Spread mixture into the prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, top with marshmallows and gently press into the filling.
- Place in the oven and broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes just until the marshmallows are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.