Happy National S’mores Day! I have an easy pie recipe for you all to use to celebrate. However, if you’re not in the mood for simple s’mores pie I have plenty of other s’mores recipes you can look through.
All you need to start this pie is a prepared graham cracker crust. You can make your own or buy one already made. Then you make a simple cream filling that uses nutella to get that chocolate flavor.
The finishing touch to this pie is some mini marshmallows. You then place the pie under the broiler for just a minute or 2 to toast those marshmallows. It’s just long enough to toast them with out melting the pie layer. I must say, I love this pie!
- 1 (8 oz) pkg light cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (13 oz) jar or 1 2/3 cups Nutella
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese to soften. Then beat in the cream until thickened. Add Nutella; beat just until combined.
- Spread mixture into the prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, top with marshmallows and gently press into the filling.
- Place in the oven and broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes just until the marshmallows are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.