Recently, I came across this recipe for a rotisserie chicken that you make in the crock pot. I this crock pot rotisserie chicken recipe is one from recipezaar. I love rotisserie chicken and figured it was work trying this out. After cooking this in the crock pot the skin wasn’t crispy. So, I put the chicken in a baking dish and broiled it for a few minutes in my oven.
The chicken, of course was falling apart as I moved it to the baking dish. Broiling it did the trick and gave the skin that crispness I was wanting. I loved cooking my chicken this way. However, the season salt was not enough for me to give the chicken a lot of flavor. Next time, I think I’ll put a small onion inside the cavity of the chicken. Plus, I’ll use some different spices like salt, pepper, and basil.
- WHOLE ROASTING CHICKEN
- OLIVE OIL FLAVORED COOKING SPRAY
- SEASONING SALT
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- seasoning salt, to taste (Use what spices you like, the season salt wasn’t enough for me to flavor the chicken)
- Make 4 or 5 loose balls of aluminum foil and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Clean chicken inside and out. Spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle generously inside and out with seasoned salt.
- Put chicken back-side down in crock pot (on top of foil balls). Cook on high 4-6 hours. Transfer chicken to a baking dish and place under your broiler for a few minutes until the skin looks nice and crispy.