If you are looking for a last minute dessert for Mother’s Day, this chocolate strawberry crispy pie is it. This pie is easy to put together, but also looks impressive. Angel Shannon shared this recipe recently on Good Things Utah ( a local TV show).
Only thing you need to make this pie is a microwave. Before serving, you can garnish this pie with the fresh strawberries that are so abundant right now and available for a good price. Any mom would be happy with this refreshing treat.
- CHOCOLATE FLAVORED SYRUP
- SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- CRISP RICE CEREAL
- SOUR CREAM
- STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
Chocolate Strawberry Crispy Pie
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ cup chocolate flavored syrup
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- ¼ cup dairy sour cream
- ½ to 1 quart strawberry ice cream however full you want you pie
- Butter an 8” pie plate; set aside (I used a 9"pie plate).
- In medium microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate syrup with chocolate chips; microwave on high for 45 seconds or until hot. Stir until smooth. Remove ¼ cup chocolate mixture to small bowl; set aside.
- Add cereal to remaining chocolate mixture and stir to coat; cool slightly and press mixture evenly into bottom and up the sides of pie place. Place in freezer for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Combine reserved ¼ cup of chocolate mixture with sour cream. Spoon half the ice cream into pie, drizzle with chocolate sauce. Top with scoops of ice cream if desired and remaining sauce. (I put the whole amount of ice cream in the pie and then drizzled it with the sour cream/chocolate mixture.) Garnish with fresh strawberries before serving if desired.