Today is the last day of cookie week. We are ending with one of my favorite cookies while growing up, Ranger Cookies. If you have never had a ranger cookie before, you must try one!
These ranger cookies include oats, coconut, and the best part – rice krispies. They give this cookie little pockets of crunch. I do think they are best if you eat them no later than the day after you make them.
- SHORTENING (I HAVE USED 1/2 CUP BUTTER AND 1/2 CUP SHORTENING)
- BROWN SUGAR
- BAKING SODA
- BAKING POWDER
- RICE KRISPIES CEREAL
- ROLLED OATS
- 1 cup shortening (I have used 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup shortening)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together shortening, sugars, and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and blend until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, soda, baking powder, and salt the add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in rolled oats, Rice Krispies, and coconut until well blended. Dough will be crumbly.
- Shape into walnut sized balls or use a cookie scoop and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
This is the original photo from this post the above photo was updated in December 2017.