These toffee coconut chocolate chip cookies are a nice change from your regular chocolate chip cookies. They have the addition of coconut which adds extra sweetness along with some chewiness. Then you also have bits of buttery toffee in there. The toffee makes pockets of little crunchy bits through out the cookies.
These cookies would be a great addition to any summer gathering. Think about adding these to your 4th of July bbq.
Toffee Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Real Mom Kitchen
- 6 Tbsp butter softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda together. Add to the butter mixture and blend together. Add in the chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and toffee bit. Stir to combine.
- Shape dough is balls approximately 2 Tbsp in size.
- Line cookie sheet with with parchment paper, and bake cookies at 350 degree for 11-12 min. Take out before they have browned. Allow to sit for 5 min on the sheet and then move to wire rack. Store cooled cookies in airtight container. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
This recipe is adapted from Kendra Anani.