This post contains affiliate links.
Strawberry flavored ice cream is a classic and an excellent treat to help you cool down in the summer. This recipe takes a twist from the classic with the addition of sour cream. Plus, it only has 5 ingredients! This strawberry sour cream ice cream is one that I have found does not taste the best right out of the ice cream maker. It is very rich and tastes better if you give it some time to sit in your freezer until firm.
I love the slight tang that the sour cream adds to this ice cream. I also kept the berries so you have nice chunks throughout the ice cream. Now, if you like you ice cream to have no chunks then just add the strawberry mixture to you blender or food processor before adding it to the sour cream and whipping cream.
For tomorrow, I have one last recipe involving ice cream tomorrow for the kids in the kitchen post. However, if you want more ice cream recipes just look at my ice cream category for even more recipes that I have shared in the past.Print
Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
- 1 lb strawberries, rinsed-hulled-and-diced
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a bowl, combine the diced strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Allow the mixture to sit for one hour giving it an occasional stir. This will allow the mixture to macerate and bring out the juices from the strawberries.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream and whipping cream.
- Then mix in the strawberry mixture and place the mixture in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add the mixture to an air tight container and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Makes 1 1/4 quart.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod who got the recipe from The Perfect Scoop.
[…] Strawberry Puffs Cupcakes with Strawberry Butterflies Waffled French Toast with Strawberry Butter Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream Ultimate Strawberry Lemonade Strawberry Banana Sorbet Oatmeal Brownie Strawberry Shortcakes […]
[…] Strawberry Peanut Butter Breakfast Bowl/Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie/Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream […]
[…] Mother Like Daughter 4. Chunky Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl by The Stay At Home Chef 5. Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream by Real Mom Kitchen 6. Strawberries & Cream Poke Cake by Butter With A Side of Bread 7. […]
[…] Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream (pictured above) […]
Wow! This is a real summer treat. The mix of sweetness and sour flavors enveloped in the fruity strawberry goodness…Can’t resist! Oh, did I mention the color is oh so lovely too? A must try!