Chicken Noodle Soup is always tasty especially when you are sick. However, sometimes I crave a creamy version instead and this recipe fills that craving in no time. Creamy = Comfort in my book. That is where this quick and creamy chicken noodle soup comes in.
This is a great way to use leftover chicken you may have or it is another great recipe to use that grocery store rotisserie chicken for.
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 8–12 oz egg noodles (amount depends on how much noodles you like in your soup – we like the 12 oz)
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- Add chicken broth, celery, carrots, and onion to a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles to mixture, make sure there is enough water to cover your noodles, if not you can a a cup or two of hat water. I didn’t need to add any extra.
- Allow mixture to boil until noodles are tender, see how long you package of noodles takes.
- Once noodles are tender, add the remaining ingredients and cook until heated through. Serves 6-8
Recipe adapted from Quick and Easy Dinner.