Do you like chicken noodle soup? Do you like chicken wild rice soup? Well, if you said yes to both, then you are gonna love today’s recipe for chicken noodle and wild rice soup.
This soup combines both chicken noodle and chicken wild rice soup together. It has the perfect creamy comfort base with noodles, wild rice, vegetables and chunks of chicken.It’s pure heavenly goodness.
The great thing about this soup is if you are wanted more of a broth based soup that’s no problem. Just don’t add in the the flour or half and half and you have a nice broth based chicken noodle and wild rice soup. So basically this recipe is 2 soups in one. Your definitely gonna want the recipe as the weather starts to turn cold!
- 10 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen egg noodles (I used Reams)
- 1 (6 1/4 oz) box Uncle Ben’s Fast Cook Wild Rice mix
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- In a large soup pot, add 9 cups of chicken broth, carrot, celery, and onion, Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add frozen egg noodles to the pot and return to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer. COver and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add in the wild rice mix along with the seasoning packet.Cook for 5 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of chicken broth with the flour, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the soup bot stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute until thickened. Slowly add in the half and half followed by the cooked chicken. Cook until chicken is heated through.
Recipe adapted from Food.com