Just a little bit ago, I shared a recipe for some amazingly easy breakfast pizzas made on English muffins. After that, it got me thinking about more ways to use English muffins. If you can make regular breakfast pizzas, why not English muffin fruit pizzas ?
Now technically these could qualify as breakfast or dessert. So either way you want to look at it, they are delish! I have made them several times and they’re a hit. I almost think they are better than cinnamon rolls!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 English muffins, split
- 4 Tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 of an 8 oz container of whipped cream cheese (I used original but strawberry of mixed berry flavored would also be tasty)
- 1 cup fruit of your choice
- In a bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Lightly toast the English muffins so they are lightly brown. Butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- The carefully spread about 1 Tbsp of cream cheese over each English muffin half.
- Arrange fruit over the cream cheese and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and sugar. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Real Housemoms.