Do you ever get in a slump with what to do with that pound of ground beef? Today, I have the perfect recipe for a Korean Beef Bowl you can try when you get in that slump. This makes a savory ground beef with an Asian flair to serve over cooked rice.
Not only is this dish tasty but it really is quick and simple to make. I cut back on the spice to 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes because my family isn’t a fan of spicy dishes. If you like spice then do 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes. If you want no spice, just leave the red pepper flakes out.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- cooked rice for serving
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a skillet, brown beef.
- In the meantime, in a bowl add brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red flakes, and ground ginger. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Once beef is cooked add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the sauce mixture that you set aside to the beef. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes. Serve over cooked rice and garnish with green onion.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.