This creamy chicken noodle skillet in like a homemade version of a chicken helper dish. You can use that ever welcomed rotisserie chicken to make this and it’s ready to enjoy in about 30 minutes.
This creamy chicken noodle skillet begins with that ever reliable mirepoix base or carrot, celery, and onion cooked in butter or oil. It brings out the flavors with out browning or caramelizing. Add some butter to a large skillet and melt. Now cook those carrots, celery, and onion with it for about 5 minutes until tender. Then add in some garlic and cook for a minute.
At this point, it’s time for the thickener. Just sprinkle and mix in 1/4 cup of flour. Mix in with the veggies until thick. Then you will slowly add in some broth and cream. Next is those egg noodles. Mix those in and simmer for about 5-7 minutes until they are tender. Last is the chicken. You add it in and just heat until it’s warmed through. That’s it and it’s ready to enjoy. It’s deliciously creamy comfort goodness!
- CHICKEN BROTH
- HEAVY CREAM
- WIDE EGG NOODLES
- COOKED AND SHREDDED CHICKEN
Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet
Real Mom Kitchen
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup diced carrot
- ¾ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz wide egg noodles (about 3 3/4 cups)
- 1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the carrot, celery, and onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes until veggies are soft. Mix in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for about 3 minutes or until thick. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and cream. Add the egg noodles and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until noodles are soft.
- Mix in the chicken for the last minute or two of cooking the noodles to heat the chicken. Salt and pepper to taste then serve. Serves 6.
This recipe is adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.