Right now it is bitter cold in Utah, were talking 3 degrees at night, and comfort food is still on my mind. Today’s recipe is one I made for my family over the holiday break. I adapted these creamy chicken and noodles from a recipe I got from my husband’s cousin. It is simple, delicious, and comforting. Just what I needed.
You can always use a rotisserie chicken to speed up the process with this one. I also love the flavor that it adds to these creamy chicken and noodles. You can even substitute some of the chicken for leftover cooked vegetables or thawed frozen veggies such as peas to add more flavor and nutrition to this dish.
It is very rare that I make requests like this, but I am asking for your prayers this week. My daughter is scheduled to have a heart monitor (loop recorder) implanted this week. The doctors say it is minor surgery but it is still scary to this mom. Anytime your kids are put under for anything, it is concerning to any mom. The health issues my daughter has just makes it even more concerning.
We are hoping that if we have this monitor implanted that they will be able to get data about my daughters heart the next time she passes out. This way we will know if her heart is the cause or not and give us more answers. I will let you know how things go when I have anything to update you on.
Creamy Chicken and Noodles
Real Mom Kitchen
- 8 cups of chicken broth or equal amount of water with bouillon
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 12 oz pkg extra wide egg noodles
- 4 cups of cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 10 3/4 oz cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- Bring chicken broth to a boil and add noodles, poultry seasoning, and onion salt. Cook noodles in broth for 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Add chicken to broth/noodles. Then mix in condensed soup. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Just before serving mix in the sour cream. Serves 6-8
This is the original photo from this post. The above was updated in September 2015.