This is my Mom’s Sloppy Joes recipe. She has made as long as I can remember. As a result, I have been making it since I got married 14 years ago. It is very quick and simple. I like to use barbecue sauce with a smoky or hickory flavor to it.
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/4–1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp or more barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slices of american cheese, if desired
- Brown together the hamburger and onion.
- Add the soup, sugar and barbecue sauce to the beef mixture and simmer for 5 minutes. You can add more barbecue sauce to make it the consistency you like. Serve on buns with cheese slices if desired. Serves 8.