These BBQ Beef Sloppy Joes are a great stove top meal for summer. They have that delicious bbq flavor, but no grill is needed.
The sauce in these sloppy joes is nice and hearty with the diced tomatoes along with a spicy sweet flavor. Pick a nice bun to serve these on. Don’t go for the dollar store brand package. You want buns that are on the larger side. If you have time, give those buns a quick toast. It will add another level of texture to the sloppy joes. If you don’t have time, the buns straight out of the package work well too.
You can sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese, but they work fine with out it too. Another options is a nice slice of cheese, any flavor of your choice would do. I think a slice of pepper jack cheese would be tasty!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 buns (toasting them is optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded, optional
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and onion together. Once fully browned, drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in the tomatoes, bouillon, ketchup, bbq sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5-6 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Spoon mixture onto buns and top with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
This recipe is adapted from Dinner Then Dessert.