Each year I make a special birthday dinner for each of my kids. They can request whatever they want for their meal. Since adding 2 daughter-in-laws to our family, I have continued the tradition for them too.
One of my daughter-in-laws had a birthday recently. She likes to request some kind on Nutella treat for her birthday dinner dessert. Last year, I made here Nutella cream puffs. This year she requested mini Nutella cheesecakes.
They are so delicious. I had to share them with all of you. They would be a perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
Ingredients to Make Mini Nutella Cheesecakes
- OREO COOKIES
- CREAM CHEESE
- SOUR CREAM
- WHIPPING CREAM
- POWDERED SUGAR
How to Make Mini Nutella Cheesecakes
The beginning of these cheesecakes are a crust made from Oreo cookies. All you need is to crush up 12 Oreo cookies and melt it with some melted butter.
You divide the mixture between 12 paper lined muffin cups. Then press it into each cup. Then in just needs 5 minutes in a 325 degree oven.
Next is the filling:
It starts with whisking a little flour in with some sugar. Then you mix in some cream cheese with a hand mixer. Once you combine that, you add in some eggs, milk, sour cream, and vanilla. Once combined comes the last and most important ingredient, the Nutella!
Now that cheesecake batter is ready to enter the muffin cups with the crust. The muffin cups will be completely full. It takes about 1/4 of batter for each cheesecake. I like to use a cookie scoop to do this.
Then it’s time to bake. They bake at 325 degrees for 20-24 minutes.
After they cook, you need to allow these mini Nutella cheesecakes to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature. Following this, they will need some time in the fridge. You need to give them at least 3 hours before you can enjoy them.
To finish them, you will whip some whipping cream and powdered sugar together. Put the cream in a piping bag and pipe it on top of each cheesecake. Last, you want just a little drizzle of Nutella on top to make these little gems complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make these Mini Nutella Cheesecakes ahead of time for a special occasion?
Yes, these cheesecakes can be made ahead of time. Simply store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days before serving. This makes them a convenient option for parties or gatherings.
Are these cheesecakes suitable for freezing?
Yes, you can freeze these Mini Nutella Cheesecakes for up to 2-3 months. Make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn.
How can I ensure that the cheesecakes turn out creamy and smooth?
To ensure a creamy and smooth texture, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before mixing them together. Avoid overmixing the batter, as this can incorporate too much air and cause the cheesecakes to crack while baking.
Can I garnish these Mini Nutella Cheesecakes with anything for extra flair?
Yes, you can garnish these cheesecakes with a drizzle of melted Nutella, a dollop of whipped cream, or a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts for extra flavor and visual appeal. Feel free to get creative with your garnishes!
Mini Nutella Cheesecakes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 12 Oreo cookies finely crushed*
- 1 ½ Tbsp butter melted
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp flour
- 12 oz cream cheese well softened (use full fat)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup Nutella
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- additional Nutella for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a bowl, mix crushed Oreos and butter with a fork.
- Divide mixture evenly among 12 paper lined standard size muffin cups, about a heaping 1 Tbsp to each. Press crumbs into an even layer. I like to use the bottom of a cup to do this.
- Bake at 325 for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and flour. Add in cream cheese and mix with an electric hand mixer, whip just until smooth. Add in the eggs and blend to combine.
- Add in milk, sour cream and vanilla and mix just until combined. Next, add in Nutella and mix just until combined. Tap bowl forcefully on your countertop about 30 times to release some of the air bubbles.
- Divide mixture among muffin cups, pouring over crusts and filling each cup nearly full, about 1/4 cup batter in each. Bake at 325 degree oven 20 – 24 minutes until centers only jiggle slightly.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool at room temperature 30 minutes, then cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- In a bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar together with a hand mixer until the cream is thick and forms stiff peaks. Pipe whipped cream on top of each of the cheesecakes and then use a piping bag to drizzle additional Nutella over the whipped cream in each cheesecakes. Makes 12.
This recipe is adapted from Cooking Classy.