My daughter-in-law is a big nutella fan and I made these for her for her birthday. They were pure perfection. It all begins with a simple a choux pastry dough for the puffs. You have a crunchy but also chewy and tender pastry puff.
Next is that sweet Nutella filling. You just need to whip some cream together until it reaches stiff peaks. Then you mix in a little powdered sugar in addition to the Nutella. It’s the perfect blend of cream and Nutella.
Last is the crowning glory on top of these divine Nutella cream puffs. You make a simple ganache from semi-sweet chocolate chips and whipping cream. Then this gets drizzled over the top of all the puffs. You will not be disappointed if you make these to enjoy on Valentine’s day.
If you need other ideas for Valentine’s Day, you can check out the collection I have in my archives. I have recipes for dinner such as Dijon mushroom chicken with green and red pepper couscous or grilled shrimp skewers. There are numersous dessert options fro chocolate fondue to red velvet cups cakes.Print
- For the pastry:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- For the whipped cream:
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup Nutella
- For the chocolate drizzle:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Combine water and butter in medium saucepan; cook to boiling, stirring until butter melts. Add flour all at once; stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture leaves the side of pan and forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating with spoon after each addition until smooth. Drop dough by spponfulls the sice of a walnut, 3 inches apart, onto the prepared tcookie sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- While the puffs are cooling, whip the cream using a stand mixer or hand mixer. When the cream forms stiff peaks beat in the powdered sugar until combined. Add the Nutella and beat until light and fluffy.
- Cut cooled puffs in half horizontally and fill with nutella whipped cream.
- For the chocolate drizzle, add the chocolate chips and whipped cream to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 minutes. Stir and then microwave for another 20 seconds. Stir until well combined.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the filled cream puffs. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Makes 18-20 cream puffs.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: dessert, Valentine’s, cream puffs, Nutella
The recipe is adapted from The Baker Upstairs.