This Frosted Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies is recipe that I created on my own. I get compliments anytime I take these anywhere. The secret is you use a boxed brownie mix.
Now I tend to be partial to the Betty Crocker mix, but any 9 x 13 mix will do. If you really want to, you can always use your favorite homemade brownie recipe too. If you want to make them Rocky Road Brownies, add 1 cup of chopped nuts to the frosting before you pour it on the brownies.
This Frosted Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies recipe is a simple way to jazz up a boxed brownie mix. Brownies are even better topped with gooey marshmallow along with a sweet chocolate frosting.
- 1 (9 x13 size) pkg boxed brownie mix
- Miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 1/2 cups powdered’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions for CAKE LIKE brownies. Bake according to package directions.
- When brownies are done, cover them with a layer of miniature marshmallows and put back into the oven for a few minutes until marshmallows are nice and puffy. Cool brownies and top with frosting recipe below.
- For the frosting: Bring 1/2 cup butter, cocoa, milk, and water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- While still hot, add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat well. Pour frosting over brownies while frosting is still hot. Allow to cool. Once cool, the best way to cut the brownies is with a plastic knife. Makes 12-16 servings.