I found this recipe for Cranberry Pomegranate Jello recently on What’s Cookin?. It was posted by Cheryl. I was excited to try another way to use pomegranates. I also found it interesting that it also included cranberries. Let me just tell you that I love this salad and will be making it frequently. The cranberries, however, didn’t really do anything for me.
I think it would be fine to leave them out or substitute some shredded apple in it’s place. I took a picture of this before I put the whipped cream on so you could really see what this looks like. Make sure you don’t skip adding the whipped cream on top, it’s wonderful. You can also see my instruction on how to clean a pomegranate HERE. Thanks Cheryl for another fabulous recipe.
- ORANGE JELL-O
- RASPBERRY JELL-O
- FROZEN RASPBERRIES WITH SYRUP
- FRESH CRANBERRIES
- WHIPPED AND SWEETENED WHIPPING CREAM
- 1 small package orange Jell-O
- 1 small package raspberry Jell-O
- 1 package frozen raspberries with syrup crushed (I used a 10 oz package)
- 1 pomegranate – arils only
- 3/4 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 cup whipped cream, whipped and sweetened
- In a large serving dish or Jell-O mold, dissolve both packages of Jell-O in 2 cup hot water, once dissolved add 1 cup cold water. After Jell-O is mixed, add fruits and stir.
- Place Jell-O in fridge to set. Once Jell-O is set, serve with whipping cream.