With currently doing Weight Watchers, I have started to look at some of my favorite recipes and making some healthier swaps so I can still enjoy those recipes. Today, I am sharing my lighter ground beef stroganoff recipe. I have several that I love, but this version is the one that work best to lighten up.
My goal when I lighten up a recipe is to still keep the same taste. I want my family to have no clue that I lightened up the recipe. I totally succeeded with this version. Both my husband and daughter thought it was my standard stroganoff recipe. This recipe could be made even more WW personal point friendly, but I don’t want to sacrifice the flavor.
I kept the same regular egg noodles. This is a way that you could reduce the points even more if you opt for a gluten free option or whole wheat version. Next, I used light sour cream. This lowers the fat content significantly. You could lower it even more by using a fat free sour cream or 0% Greek yogurt.
Another swap I made was using a 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup. This reduces the whole recipe by 3 points. You also need to be sure your beef in the 95% lean. That swap will also reduce the entire recipe by 9 points. After all my swaps, this recipe come out to be 10 WW Personal Points per serving. The original recipe is 15 points per serving.
- 95% LEAN GROUND BEEF
- CANNED 98% FAT FREE CONDENSED CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- BROWN GRAVY MIX
- LIGHT SOUR CREAM
- EGG NOODLES
Click here to get your WW Personal Points for this recipe.
- 1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can 98% fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- In a skillet, brown beef with chopped onion until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Drain off any grease from the hamburger.
- Add in the cream of mushroom soup, gravy mix (plus water according to packet directions) mix together and simmer over low heat about 10-15 minutes.
- Add in sour cream mix until thoroughly blended. Serve over the cooked egg noodles. Serves 6.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American