Recently, I was watching a show once where someone was talking about organizing your recipes. I remember her saying to go through your recipes and get rid of multiples, saying you only need one lasagna recipe. I thought she was crazy. Personally, I love having several options to choose from with varying methods of cooking it. Also, it is good if I don’t have a needed ingredient on hand. I can choose a different recipe.
Today, I am adding a 7th recipe to the collection of stroganoff recipes I have on my blog. This is also the second one I have that is made in the slow cooker. This version is pretty much a dump and go kind of dish. This crock pot stroganoff was simple and tasty, you are gonna love adding it to you collection. I served it over noodles, but my family decided they would probably prefer this version over mashed potatoes.
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 8 oz of cream cheese, cut into cubes
- hot noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes
- In the slow cooker, combine the canned soup, onion, Worcestershire, salt, and water.
- Add in the meat and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Mix in cream cheese until melted and serve over rice, noodle, or mashed potatoes.
Recipe adapted from The Crock Star.