Right now, the weather in Utah is a tease for me. One day it can be 60 and sunny. The next day can be 40 and rainy (or even snowy). So since the weather varies, so does my food mood. On those cold days, I often crave soup. This beefy tomato and macaroni soup recipe is from one of those days.
This recipe was easy to make because it includes items I tend to keep on hand in my “cantry” or fridge. I am a Canbassador for Cans Get You Cooking and this is a perfect “Cantry” recipe. I love being able to shop my cantry for meals. So, I like to keep canned soups, tomatoes, beans, fruit, and vegetables on hand. It makes it so easy as a busy mom to get dinner on the table!
This soup has 3 main flavor components:
- Beef – this is always a pleaser for my family. It uses both beef and beef broth.
- Tomatoes – I love the richness that it can add to soup. This soup actually uses 3 forms of tomatoes.
- Pasta – more specifically – macaroni, which is always a hit with the kids.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small-medium onion, diced
- 5 cups beef broth, this is just under 3 (15 oz) cans
- 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can tomato soup
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 Tbsp A1 steak sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups dry macaroni, cooked
- In a stock pot, brown ground beef and onion together until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Then mix in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato soup, tomato paste, carrots, steak sauce, worcestershire, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked macaroni and cooked until heated. At this point if the soup is too thick for you, feel free to add water to get the right consistency. I like it fairly thick. Serves 5-6.
Recipe adapted from Six Sister’s Stuff.