I love me some teriyaki chicken, whether it is baked, grilled, slow cooked, etc. It is all good. I already shared a crock pot version of teriyaki chicken, but if you know me I can’t leave well enough alone. I had to give this slow cooker chicken teriyaki a try.
This ends up making a very rich and thick sauce. I think you could also add in some pepper and pineapple chunks during the last hour of cooking if you’d like.
This dish is quick, easy, and tasty!
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- diced green onion and/or sesame seeds optional topping for serving
- hot cooked rice.
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with diced onion
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the garlic, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken and dice up. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and corn starch together. Turn cock pot on to high and add cornstarch mixture to the juices in the crock pot.
- Cook until desired thickness is reached. Add chicken into the sauce and carefully stir to coat the chicken.
- Serve over steamed rice and top will green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven.