I love me some teriyaki chicken, whether it is baked, grilled, slow cooked, etc. It is all good. I already shared a crock pot version of teriyaki chicken, but if you know me I can’t leave well enough alone. I had to give this slow cooker chicken teriyaki a try.
This ends up making a very rich and thick sauce. I think you could also add in some pepper and pineapple chunks during the last hour of cooking if you’d like.
This dish is quick, easy, and tasty!
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- diced green onion and/or sesame seeds, optional topping for serving
- hot cooked rice.
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with diced onion
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the garlic, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken and dice up. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and corn starch together. Turn cock pot on to high and add cornstarch mixture to the juices in the crock pot.
- Cook until desired thickness is reached. Add chicken into the sauce and carefully stir to coat the chicken.
- Serve over steamed rice and top will green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven.