This post contains affiliate links.
Now, I know I have shared an Instant Pot chicken stroganoff recipe before. However, this version includes different ingredients. Plus, it is also done in 27 minutes versus the other version takes 55 minutes. Hence, this version I am calling the quick Instant Pot chicken stroganoff.
This version has simple seasonings. It included salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried dill. The dried dill is a surprisingly wonderful addition. I love the flavor it adds to this dish. There is also mushrooms in here, which I LOVE. I just let my family pick around to mushrooms since they don’t care for them. You could always leave them out, but I feel that they add to the flavor.
As far as the sauce goes, it’s made with just chicken broth, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce. If you need to thicken the sauce, you can add a mixture of cornstarch and water. However, I found the sauce for this chicken stroganoff to be fine and I didn’t need to add it.
- BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN
- KOSHER SALT
- DRIED DILL
- GARLIC POWDER
- EGG NOODLES
- CHICKEN BROTH
- SLICED MUSHROOMS
- SOUR CREAM
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
Quick Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff
- Total Time: 27 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 12 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water, if needed
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place chicken into Instant Pot. Add in the kosher salt, pepper, dill, garlic powder. Toss the chicken to coat in the seasonings.
- Add in egg noodles on top of chicken in an even layer. Then pour the broth over the top. Add mushrooms on top of the noodles in an even layer.
- Secure the lid and make sure valve is set to seal. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. Allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes then move the valve to vent to releave any excess pressure. Remove the lid.
- Stir the contents of the pot. In a bowl, add ¼ cup of liquid from pot to the sour cream and stir to temper it. Then add the sour cream into the pot. If needed, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water together until smooth. (Mine was thick enough so I didn’t need the slurry). Turn Instant Pot to saute and add in the cornstarch slurry. Contents of pot will thicken quickly. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce. Scoop onto plates and serve. Serves 4-6.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American