I have a sweet treat recipe for you today, just in time for the weekend. You are gonna love these peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I love a cookie that includes oatmeal. It makes me feel like I am choosing a better treat if it has oatmeal.
This cookie also has peanut butter. This makes me feel like this cookie is even better with the protein you get from the peanut butter. I don’t feel too bad when I am eating a cookie with healthier ingredients included.
These peanut butter oatmeal cookies include both brown sugar and white sugar. Brown sugar adds a chewy factor. However, the secret to these cookies is it is made with dark bown sugar. You could use regular brown sugar, but the dark version gives this cookie and added richness to the flavor.
You do need to just place 8 cookies on a baking sheet at a time. These cookies do spread so you want them to have room on the baking sheet. I have made these cookies smaller and it works good too. Just cook them a little less to compensate for the smaller size. I put 12 on a cookie sheet with the smaller size.Print
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter, not natural peanut butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until well-combined and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla. Beat until completely mixed.
- Add in flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Beat just until mixed and a sticky dough forms.
- Scoop golf-ball-sized scoops of dough onto parchment lined baking sheets, placing 8 cookies to a sheet as far apart as possible (these cookies SPREAD).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, until cookies are browned around the edges and tops look mostly set.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to allow to cool completely. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American