A while back, I had you all help me pick a recipe to take to a potluck party. Now that the holiday’s are over, I am finally getting around to sharing the recipe I made. It was another dinner dish that was easy to put together and it was a big hit with everyone who tried it. It reminded me of a deep dish pizza. Just add a salad on the side and you have a complete meal.
- 1lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup garlic tomato pasta sauce
- 1can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- In skillet, mix cooked beef and pasta sauce. Heat over medium heat until warm.
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Place dough in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate in spoke pattern, with narrow tips overlapping rim of plate about 3 inches.
- Press dough in side and bottom of pan to form crust and cover the pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese over dough in the pan.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly over cheese.
- Bring tips of dough over filling to meet in center; do not overlap.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the dish followed by the basil. Bake at 375°F 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.