After creating the Taco Pizza, I decided it would be yummy to make a cold version. It’s similar to the crescent veggie pizzas that I have shared before. This Crescent Mexican Pizza would be another great addition to your Super Bowl menu. The great thing about this is it can be made a head of time, all except for placing the diced avocado on. Just do that before serving and you’re set. It turned out to be delicious.
I did change the recipe to place the toppings on before the cheese. I placed them on after the cheese. Once I cut the pizza, the toppings were having a hard time staying on. Other than that, this crescent Mexican pizza was perfect. Plus, this one is meatless and will work for vegetarians.Print
- 2 (8 oz) rolls Pillsbury crescent rolls or crescent creations dough
- 2 (8 oz) pkg. of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed (canned corn also works fine)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescent rolls into rectangles. Place in ungreased 11 1/2 inch x 16 1/2 inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Press dough over the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Bake at 375 oven for 11 to 13 minutes or just until golden brown.
- In the meantime, blend together the softened cream cheese and taco seasoning util well combined, set aside.
- When crust is cooked and golden brown allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled crust.
- Top the cream cheese with the beans, corn, olives, tomatoes and lightly press to have the cream cheese help hold the topping on. Then top with the avocado (if making ahead of time save to avocado to top just before serving).
- Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Cut into 48 squares and serve.