So the other day I was trying to figure out what to fix for lunch. With the kids out of school for the summer, rice cakes for lunch (my usual fast lunch) just wouldn’t cut it. Also being that my children have been raised by a foodie, peanut butter and jam doesn’t work for lunch everyday either. So I had some leftover hamburger buns sitting on my counter. I decided to use them to make some mini Mexican pizzas.
They are excellent to use for mini pizza. English muffins also work great for mini pizzas too. Then I looked in my refrigerator and found leftover taco meat. I then created these simple mini taco pizzas. They were yummy, easy and the kids loved them.
- LEFTOVER HAMBURGER BUNS (OR YOU CAN USE ENGLISH MUFFINS)
- TOMATO SAUCE
- TACO SEASONING
- SHREDDED CHEESE
- LEFTOVER TACO MEAT (IT CAN BE WHATEVER YOU HAVE CHICKEN, PORK, GROUND BEEF, ETC)
- ANY OTHER TOPPINGS YOU MAY HAVE AROUND THE HOUSE LIKE ONION, GREEN PEPPER, OLIVES, TOMATOES, ETC.
Mini Mexican Pizzas
Real Mom Kitchen
- leftover hamburger buns or you can buy some just to make these, or you can use English muffins
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- shredded cheese
- leftover taco meat it can be whatever you have chicken, pork, ground beef, etc
- any other toppings you may have around the house like onion green pepper, olives, tomatoes, etc.
- Mix taco seasoning with tomato sauce. Split open each bun or English muffin and spread with sauce. Top with cheese followed by any toppings you may have.
- Bake at 350 degrees or broil until the cheese is melty. (My tip for broiling is to keep the rack in the center of the oven. This way you don't end up with burnt cheese)